Ciena is seeking talented freshers for the role of Associate/ Global Technical Support in India through an off-campus recruitment drive. If you have an undergraduate or postgraduate degree, this is the perfect opportunity for you to start your career in the tech industry. Please read the following information carefully for details on the organization, job profile, location, education requirements, job description, skills required, preferred skills, experience level, and application link.
|Associate/ Global Technical Support
|BE / B.Tech / BCA / MCA
|Up to ₹12 LPA (Expected
- Provide remote technical support 24×7 on Ciena products when required.
- Review issues found in the field and assist in communication with design and supply chain on problems found.
- Utilize debug tools and lab research to aid customers’ technical problems and escalate incidents/issues to senior engineers as necessary.
- Provide customer feedback to quality assurance, design, product management, technical publications, and training.
- Contribute to publishing of MOP/ISB/FSB documents and knowledgebase.
- Perform a Customer Lead Engineer role for specific customers.
- Perform resident engineering functions on-site or remote.
- Travel to customer sites and Ciena locations globally.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with zero to three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Foundation knowledge of the operation of fiber optic transport and/or switching equipment.
- Basic problem-solving experience with OTN/SONET/SDH equipment, Carrier Ethernet equipment, or associated fiber optic facilities.
- Proficiency with various “office” software applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of transport and switching systems for telecommunications applications and optical networking.
- Familiarity with various types of test equipment for optical and protocol testing.
- System level troubleshooting on fiber optic telecommunications transport and switching equipment.
- Good foundation knowledge of OTN, SONET/SDH/DWDM, and Carrier Ethernet protocols, and a general understanding of other switching/transport concepts.
- Knowledge of computers, data communications, UNIX SUN/Oracle, and IP network experience would be a benefit.
- Experience with network management systems would be beneficial.
- Strong background in relationship building and customer focus.
- Team player.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.