Technical Program Managers are responsible for delivering technological solutions for the product. You work on the feature planning and design, manage the specifications of their development, and monitor their on-going operation to better understand customer experiences. You work collaboratively with teammates to ensure our products exceed customer expectations. You communicate throughout the process to understand progress towards delivery, technical challenges, and to provide clarity on customer needs using a data driven approach. You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions.
As a technical program manager, some of the questions which you would be addressing through your role are:
- Who is the customer?
- What customer problem am I addressing?
- What success metrics should I define to enforce high quality of my service (% Availability, latency (in MS) etc.)
- After defining success metrics, how do I identify areas to drive improvement and prioritize solutions that yield maximum benefit?
- How does my solution scale to the customers’ needs?
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in computer science, engineering, or related field with at least one year remaining after internship.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of computer science fundamentals that affect code implementation and customer experience.
- Some experience building software or technology for customers beyond the classroom environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in feature design and feasibility.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, particularly in working with remote teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and exceptional cross-team skills.
- Defining Product architecture: Defining integrated solutions for technical needs across areas such as scale, build out, capacity, performance, etc.
- Defining and executing product strategy: Develop technical understanding of the underlying platform, gaps and opportunities, gather requirements to drive the vision, strategy and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Building and evolving the product: Build understanding of business scenarios and technical complexities – to motivate & drive design improvements and increase applicability & platform reliability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.careers.microsoft.com.